Supercharge your matcha latte with the addition of coconut oil, MCT oil and Vitness Collagen Matcha Reboot!
2 sachets of Matcha Reboot
1 cup almond milk (or your favourite milk)
1 large teaspoon coconut oil
A good slug of MCT oil
Small amount kettle hot water, around 80 degrees
- Gently heat your milk and add the coconut oil and MCT oil
- Tear sachets and empty into the cup you will serve in
- Pour a small amount of hot water onto the matcha and whisk till smooth and frothy
- Using a hand blender with frothing attachment or a Nutribullet, whizz up the milk till the oils are blended and the milk is frothy
- Pour milk into the serving cup, stirring the matcha quickly initially to blend
What benefits am I getting if I add Hydrolysed Collagen to my Matcha latte?
Adding collagen into your diet anywhere is great for increasing your own natural collagen production, which is great for your skin. Adding a dose of pure protein also helps balance blood sugar levels and help curb cravings for sweet things. This combined with the antioxidant properties of Matcha tea make this latte a super-charged skin friend!
Why am I adding fats to my Matcha Latte?
Adding good fats such as coconut oil, grass fed butter or ghee or MCT oil is a great way to stabilise blood sugar and provide energy. MCTs are medium-chain triglyverides, a form of saturated fatty acid that has many health benefits including weight management and better cognitive function.